Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Very Full Day

Today was a very busy and full day. I spent the morning with the other Ecumenical Interns (Interns from the WCC, YMCA and YWCA) for our regular Ecumenical Training session. We talked today about prayer and styles of worship. We ended with a time to paint/draw our "spirituality of resistance." It was an interesting session. After that I was rushed off to a meeting to talk about in-house fundraising. That was also interesting. I have learned a lot about where WSCF stands monetarily and I think I understand better now what I have to do in relationship to my own and the WSCF funds. Then it was time for a late lunch. I am currently working on reading old copies of the Federation News. This is our twice annual newsletter that updates the world on what WSCF is doing. I am catching up on what WSCF has been doing over the past four years. I have also started a conversation with the editor of the Red Book. This is our annual report. I am going to be helping to get that published this next month. I am reading the older copies of that too. In addition I am working on my own fundraising letter. I am starting to feel like there is work that I know I need to do.

On a personal note, the foyer that I moved into yesterday is a bit depressing. I am very grateful to have a place to stay, however, I need to do some work to make it like home. I am going to go shopping this afternoon to buy some basic kitchen things as well as a towel. I am still looking for better housing. I actually have a house that I am going to go see tonight. Last night, Tin Tin, a girl from my church, who also lives in the foyer, was nice enough to give me dinner and get me set up nicely. Otherwise I might have gone hungry while I was feeling sorry for myself. That would have been really sorry!

1 comment:

  1. just curious... how are you looking for better housing? through the internet or through word-of-mouth, or through some sort of printed material ?

    ReplyDelete