Monday, April 20, 2009

Over Easter Weekend

Easter for those of us that use the Catholic calendar was just over a week ago. For most Orthodox churches it was yesterday. Today we celebrated worship in the Ecumenical Center. The Interns were in charge of "planning" the worship. We decided to do things a little differently. Instead of giving everyone paper that told them exactly what to do and when, we just gave them song lyrics and prayers. We announced what we were doing. We also did not do a sermon. Instead we did a "skit" during the reading of the Gospel. I think it was powerful. It is hard to tell, because I was so involved in it. From the feedback I got, though, I think people got the message. This worship service was the first since both Easters have been celebrated. Our theme was Peace. In the Gospel that we read John 20:19-35. Jesus says to his disciples three times, "Peace be with you." We focused on the inner peace and inner strength that Jesus gives us. We did not only focus on that peace, we focused on peace in the world and peace among neighbors. We prayed for Somalia and Djibouti. I thought the service went well. I really enjoyed preparing it with my fellow interns. They are some wonderful people!

I am back to work now. We are working on fundraising. It is a serious need right now. I am hopeful that people will be moved by the letter that I sent. I am also going to start praying much more often and more seriuosly. Honestly, if anyone reading this knows of anyone that might be interested in my work or the work of WSCF, please, please, let me know. I am looking at all possible sources of funding. My main priority is fundraising, however, without funding I cannot do all these wonderful other things.

This weekend was a good one. I did not do much, except hang out with friends and enjoy the sunshine. I think that qualifies as relaxing. I did spend some time in the weekly flea market. It is amazing all the things you can buy there! I was overwhelmed by the amount of things and the quality and the price. I am definitely planning to go back.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment