Monday, June 22, 2009

Impact

You never know what impact you will have. You never know what effects your decisions will have on other people. I recently got an email from someone I have never met that found my blog through searching the internet for "taizé" This is not too surprising since I often write about Taizé and I even had a two whole posts on it here and here. I was surprised when I read this email and I was flattered. I know that people I do not know and have never met are reading my blog. I assumed this because I don't know anyone in Indonesia, for example. I was surprised that my words had such meaning for someone that they went out of their way to tell me so. I am very glad that this person did. This person is preparing a trip to Taizé in the near future and I am glad that my words inspired the trip. I was actually talking to a German girl in my residence hall just yesterday about Taizé. She said she liked it because there was no forcing of doctrine. That is also one reason I like it.

My friend left yesterday and now I am back at work. Thinking about what the next step will be. Thinking about what the next activity will be. This week should be slightly more relaxed because both of my bosses are off to Jordan to evaluate a project we have there. I am slightly envious of them - getting to go off and work like this. I know it will be tiring for them, though. The support staff in my office, the accountant and the administrative assistant are also out this week. They are on vacation. Our office is very quiet. I like it. I also feel less urgency to do work. Hopefully that will change. We will see. (Posting on this blog is one very good way I can procrastinate - that and facebook).

Publications, Publications, Publications. Now that we have successfully sent off Red Book and Federation News it is time to start on Student World. We are still working on Student World 2008. I am hoping to do both 2008 and 2009 this year so that next year at least the intern will not have to play catch up. It will be a lot of work, but I am looking forward to it. We'll see how it goes....

2 comments:

  1. How strange - I was thinking about impact over the weekend - must be a communications thing!
    http://tinyurl.com/ms9ca9

    ReplyDelete
  2. it can be like the old story about the butterfly that flaps its wings in california eventually causing a gust of fresh air to freshen a farmer's face in china. (i like that version better than the one where the result in china is a hurricane)

    ReplyDelete