Monday, May 11, 2009

Left my voice in Taize

I am back at work - back in the full swing of things. Except I left my voice and my health in Taize. I have a cold.

We are just about done with both the Federation News (which is up on our website here) I am going to the printer today to make the hard copies. I am very excited to get this publication done. We are finishing up the Red Book for our big donor meeting on Thursday. It will be nice to give them up to date information. I have seen the pdf copies and it looks really good! It will be nice to have it in hand.

I hate being sick. I really just want to be in bed with a cup of tea and a good book, but instead I am here at work.

Reflections on Taize : This was my fourth visit to the the community. I have enjoyed every visit, but I wish I could have stayed longer this time. Three days is just not long enough. I bonded with my fellow interns and I sang some songs. I also spent some time reflecting on my own faith journey :where I am, where I have come from and where I am going. I am at a crossroads right now. I am looking out into the Future and I need to decide what that will look like. I realized I still have legalism lurking in my soul. I see Church as what I "should" do; I struggle to accept and live the Freedom that is offered in Jesus Christ. I suppose that is the choice I am facing - live in the "rules" of the Church that give me a sense of security or take the step towards Freedom that is not secure at all. I am learning how to do that day by day.

2 comments:

  1. hope you feel better soon. Like what you say about legalism and freedom - not sure Ive got that sorted out myself yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. watch out for that swine flu. Legalism/freedom - a sense of boundaries is important; self-restraint

    ReplyDelete