Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ascension Day

Switzerland has many National holidays - actually I am not sure which holidays are National and which are Cantonal (think Counties for most states in the US or Parishes if you're from Louisiana). Tomorrow, Thursday, is Ascension Day. I get a holiday for the Ascension of Our Lord. I don't get the following Friday off. Therefore I have to come to work and then I get my weekend! Many people are going to be taking Friday off (or making the bridge as they would say in French - in fact in France both days are holidays... ah the French). My office will be very empty on Friday. Only two of the seven of us will be here. It should be fun. I will also spend the majority of my day stuffing envelopes. After having finished Fed News we now have to mail them out. Hopefully they will be delivered from the Printer in time. So much to coordinate.

Tomorrow, during my day off, instead of enjoying the beautiful Swiss countryside with a hike I am going to indulge in pure American culture. I am going to watch Star Trek! The movie is out here and I found a friend who also wanted to spend the day indoors in the air conditioning watching a sci-fi movie. Should be fun. I'll give my opinion of it when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment