Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thoughts and Ideas

It has been a week since I posted last. That is unusual for me. I have been managing to post every few days. This week has been especially hectic. Michael is preparing for a trip to the US, so all of us are running around like crazy trying to make sure everything is ready for him on this trip. I have been feeling a little like I am chicken with my head cut off.

I have also been reflecting this week on my future. I am preparing a Bible Study for the Interns. We decided to do the story of Joseph from Genesis. This week we are focusing on Gen 41:14-41. I am really looking forward to the Bible Study this afternoon. I think it will be a nice distraction from my aforementioned work. I also realized, while planning this study, that I enjoy reading the Bible and thinking critically about it. I enjoy discussing with others what they get out of the Bible. I hope that this afternoon will go well. I know that I want to do something with my future that will allow me the space to share the Bible and reflections on God with friends.

Work is still a little crazy. I have gotten here early the past few day. Yesterday I stayed late; today I probably will. However, this upcoming weekend is a three day weekend so that should be really good! I already have so many plans for the weekend. I am hoping that I can find some time to rest - but it will be nice to hang out with my friends too. I am going to go see a "football" match this weekend. La Servette (Geneva's football club) is playing their last match of the season. In an attempt to fill the 30,000 person stadium they have decided to make this game free! I am very excited to see a professional soccer game, even if they are supposedly not a very good team.

Sadly, one of my friends is leaving Geneva for good on Tuesday. So, we are going to go out on Sunday night to send her off. Since Monday is a national holiday, I am sure we will have fun on Sunday night :) I will miss her a lot.

I am hoping and praying that his weekend will be a relaxing change. Next week should be a very different: both Christine and Michael will be out of town. I will be working very hard to actually mail out Fed News. There will be lots to do while they are gone - but perhaps I can relax a little more.

Now that it is almost 9 am - I think it is time to get started on my work. Maybe I will post some pictures next week of my soccer game this weekend. If you are the praying type - please pray for me. This work has been stressing me out and I need the guidance to work effectively and not let my emotions get in the way of my work. Thanks. I apologize for the long time between posts. Hopefully the next one will be sooner.

1 comment:

  1. You don't HAVE to update your blog every few days....I think "once a week" is probably good enough! :-p

    Also - this "football" you're referring to, is that "American football" or soccer? (you mention both in this post!) Is there a difference?

    Post pictures so I can see for myself.

    ReplyDelete