Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Final Preparations

We have this big meeting tomorrow with Donors. I am slightly nervous about it, although I am assured it is a normal process. I have never met with donors like this before, so I am nervous. I have spent my time preparing, surprise, surprise, our communications with the Donors. (I am the Communications Intern, after all). I worked on our most recent Federation News. I also worked on our 2008 Annual Report. I will be printing the final copies of that tomorrow morning! How exciting to have that in hand. I cannot wait. I also worked on our Power Point presentation. It looks pretty good - we are just finishing that up tonight. Everything is coming together.

Today we met with some Princeton Seminary Students. (Actually, we met them at Taize and then through that connection they got a tour of the Ecumenical Centre, the WCC and the LWF) It was nice to see them again. I think we are going out for drinks after work - which will also be nice. It is a little strange to be around other US citizens. I am just not used to having people that share my nationality around me. I am used to bridging that cultural gap - I am also used to representing the US. I guess I just like being unique ;) It was nice to be able to share some about WSCF with the Princeton students. I am hoping that they can take what they learned here, at Taize and with their meeting with the LWF and with the WCC back to Princeton. Perhaps something can can come of it.

I am also getting over my cold. I am not completely well, but I am much better than I was yesterday. I am grateful for my health that I have. I am also grateful for real food. After spending even four days at Taize I have realized just how much I like good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment