Monday, June 8, 2009

Pictures

Here are some pictures. The first is from my trip up the mountain last weekend.

I had a really great time going to Chamonix with some friends. We bought a round trip bus ticket to return the same day and that automatically meant we had an "excursion" ticket. Basically for a few extra francs we got a tour guide. He was an English guy that lives here in Geneva and gives tours. Pretty great! So he gave us a guided tour all the way out to Chamonix. Then he dropped us off right at the Aiguille du Midi (that's the cable care you ride up to get to the top of the mountain). It's actually two cable cars and then an elevator to get to the very top. It's so beautiful. As one of my coworkers said today, if you didn't already believe in God, seeing the beauty would make you believe that there has to be a God. There is so much beauty in the chaos of it; in the rawness; in the coldness; in the awesomeness. As it was a bit cloudy and threatening to rain all day, we couldn't actually see Mont Blanc. We could only see most of it. The mountain above is not Mont Blanc, sadly. The whole day was wonderful, really. I am glad I took the day off.

I finished mailing off Federation News last week. If you haven't gotten any real mail from me you probably won't get a copy. If you have, you probably will get a copy relatively soon. I hope you enjoy reading it. Last week was very slow simply because I spent all my time doing that. Also, Christine, Michael and Marsha were all out of the office, so work was much more laid back. Christine and Marsha are back now. Michael will be back next week. I am praying for them.

Below is a picture from the soccer game I went to a few weeks ago (football for those of you outside the US). We had a lot of fun. La Servette, Geneva's football club is not very good - but they played hard. They were playing against Grenoble and they won 4-0. Quite a high scoring football match. ;) The stadium is designed to hold 30,000 people! Even with it being the last game of the season,and it being free - the stadium was maybe 1/4 full. We still had a very good time.


I have put all my pictures from the mountain and the soccer game and stuff on facebook. So feel free to check it out there. If you are not friends with me on facebook I can send you a link to the Picassa album.

I will hopefully update more tomorrow on my intercultural experiences. Let's just say hearing a Chinese man translate from Italian to English was a first for me today. I do actually have to work, so more on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment