Monday, February 2, 2009

A few things...

A few things to talk about.

1. My car's alternator died on Thursday night. Luckily, I was by a friend's house. It ended up getting towed to the repair shop; on Friday I had the alternator replaced. I suppose it's not unheard of for cars to do things like this - but I never know what to expect with cars. This is my first time having a car of "my own" - even though it's my parents' car. The reason I am telling you all this is that I realized that a lot of my stress about not knowing about my impending departure to Geneva is related to my desire to control everything (and everyone) in my life. I try really hard to hide it but I really like feeling that I have control and knowing what to do. My car breaking down was COMPLETELY out of my control and I sort of freaked out. I realized that I was really upset that I didn't know what to do - how to handle that situation AT ALL. I know nothing about cars. (Somehow the sermon on Sunday was about authority - our own and God's.... how prescient)

2. I just got an email from the office in Geneva. Basically, they said that I would not get my visa for another 3-4 weeks. Which means that I will not actually go over to Switzerland for 6-7 weeks. I need 3 weeks after I get my visa to actually get the visa in my passport. Although I had thought I would be going in early February, I will probably now be leaving in late March /early April. I now feel much more in control of this situation ;)

3. I am still looking for funding for my trip. I feel like I've reached a stand still recently. Often when I don't know what to do I don't do anything. (I think this relates back to number one somehow....) I haven't called people that I need to call or emailed people that I need to email simply because I've been feeling unsure. I have a few days off this week. Hopefully I'll be able to do the things I've been putting off.

No comments:

Post a Comment