Thursday, February 26, 2009

One last hiccup in the visa process

I got a call yesterday from the Swiss Consulate. The man on the phone, in a rather thick Swiss French accent, informed me that all my paperwork was in order but there was a small problem with my photos. I had to send two passport type photos along with my application. Apparently, you can't show your teeth in your passport photos. Since my teeth were showing I would have to send in two new photos. You can look here to see what a "good" passport photo looks like. My photos would be the ones with the little red X in the corner.

All that being said - everything else is in order. As soon as they get my photos they will process my visa and send my passport back to me. Of all the things that could go wrong, this is the most minor.

I also got my final flight confirmation today. I also bought my ticket to go to Houston from Edinburg, TX a few days ago!

I will post some pictures of Switzerland once I get there. I haven't put any pictures up yet because I've decided to only post pictures of me once I'm actually in Geneva.

1 comment:

  1. i looked at that link. man that swiss government is piiiiccckkkkyyyyyy

    on the other hand, i wonder what kind of shenanigans they have to go through to fire someone. "so, you say your employee uttered an expletive and cursed you to your face." "yes". "was the tone of his voice...like this?" (plays tape) "or, was it like ... this ?" (plays a second tape). "gee, they sound pretty much the same." Government agent repeats the question: "like ... this?" (plays tape) "or, like... this?" (plays tape). "i guess... like the second one". "no i am sorry, that is not sufficient grounds for dismissal. Please come back to us if the employee engages in further cursing, and we can reconsider given the new data"

    ReplyDelete