Sunday, February 22, 2009

Unexpected Graces

I have been feeling a little down recently. Not really sure what to do next. If you've been following my posts you can see how I've been feeling a little down.

I'm still a little unsure but on Saturday I got a few big surprises. My money I had raised more than doubled overnight. A woman from St. James, who had promised to donate, sent a letter to my parents explaining that she actually had donated to the NY offices. She donated $500.00. Plus she pledged an extra $500.00 three more times in the year. That is $2,000.00. As much money as I had already raised, plus some. Then my sister-in-law's parents gave me money, plus pledged to send money every month!

The total that I now have, between what I have been given and what has been donated/pledged in my name to the NY office total $5,064.63. I am so in awe! That does not include the price of the plane ticket that is being given to me.

I still have one more Sunday at St. James. Ryan, is going to tell the 10:15 service that he is donating to me. Hopefully, I some more money will come out of that. I am so excited about this mission. I really want St. James to be involved in what I'm doing, I know that the work the WSCF does is the work that they want to be supporting in the world.

I am also going to call All Saints in Pasadena, where I used to go to Church. I have been too shy or nervous or something to call the priests there. Yet, I know that the people there will be supportive of me.

On a more spiritual note, I have been thinking about Lent. Lent is the season in the church where we remember Jesus' 40 days and 40 nights spent in the desert before he began his ministry. This is a serendipitous time for me because Lent happens to be just before I am leaving to begin a new ministry. I am not sure what I am going to do for this season. I will pray about it. I will also fast about it. I am fasting on Wednesday, which is the first day of Lent. If anyone would like to join me in this fast, please feel free. We can pray together. At the end of the day some of my friends from Church and I are going to break the fast together. Perhaps something will come to me during that day. I will update on here as I decide more.

I am off to write Thank-You notes. I have been neglectful in thanking those that have given me money.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Maryann!
    This is Caroline from Oxy IV/PCU/New Orleans trip.. remember me? :) it's been a couple years...

    Anyway, I just found your blog from Daniel's - and I'm excited for your trip/ministry in Geneva! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences!


    much love,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete