Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Birthday

I turned 25 yesterday. I realized just how blessed I am. I have been living here for about eight months. In that time I've found friends that truly love me and that I truly love. Strangely enough my friends at work are almost all Christian. The General Manager at my work hired a whole new crew and everyone she hired, unbeknownst to her, were Christians. She is a self-described buddhist/atheist. We're like a family. We all love each other and want what's best for each other and have those hard conversations and those loving ones. I have been called out for being lazy. (Read this post where I talked about a specific conversation) I have also been told how lovely and wonderful I am. That happens a lot more often. The girls and guys that I work with make me feel like a better person. For my birthday my coworker got to work half an hour early and decorated the shop with balloons and streamers. We start work at 6:30 am so getting there half an hour early is an endeavor! She also went to bed about the same time as me the night before, 2 am. (Although we were not hanging out together). Another coworker brought me flowers. Two gave me sweet, very touching, cards. The crew that I work with is just amazing. I have learned so much from them. My job there has been such a blessing in my life. I also see my regulars as a part of my family too. One gave me a haiku. He said it was my present to him; but I think it was his present to me. I actually wanted to go to work on my birthday. My birthday was wonderful.

I also had a chance to cook for my brother, sister-in-law and mother on my birthday. That was wonderful to be able to spend time with my family. My family has a tradition of asking two specific questions.
1. What was the most significant event of the past year in your life?
2. What do you claim as the most significant event for the next year?

I will answer those questions in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment