Monday, March 16, 2009

Almost leaving

I get on a plane in a little over 16 hours. I am not packed yet. (to be fair, I WAS packed when I left Austin, but I have to repack because of weight limitations). I am going to do that tonight. And everything else. Too much to do!

I wrote a post the night that I arrived here at my Parents' but I wrote it on my laptop. My laptop cannot connect to the Wireless here. So my post is sitting very nicely on my computer waiting to be uploaded. I'll probably do that tomorrow while I'm at the airport. I will spend a lot of time tomorrow in planes and at airports. In fact, I'll spend so much time it won't even be tomorrow when I finally arrive in Geneva, it will be the day after tomorrow!

I found out a housing possibility in Geneva. A woman is looking for help with her two kids a couple nights a week, in exchange I'd have a room in her house for less money. It is close to where I'll be working too! I am planning to meet with her either Wednesday or Thursday. I am hoping that this will work out for both of us. Saving money on my housing would be a huge help in the financial department. I am still very nervous about my money, but feeling less so in recent weeks because I've received quite a few donations. (I talk about this in the post I haven't yet posted).

I am glad I have a few days to spend here with my parents. Having a few days to decompress and figure out exactly what I'm doing in Geneva is good for me. I have a little pause before I start my next big adventure. My last week in Austin was very rushed. I felt like I was trying to squeeze as much in as possible. I am grateful for the rest that I can get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment