Friday, March 13, 2009

Packing

I am spending my last Friday in Austin packing. It is a rainy, cold day; a perfect day to spend inside thinking about leaving this place. Yesterday, one of my friends asked me to edit a paper she wrote for a class. It was so refreshing to work with words. I like to think that I am good at crafting these words into coherent thoughts that other people can understand. Working with someone else’s words to make them better and more expressive was a rush, a thrill. A few days ago when my coworkers and I were hanging out after work the owner came by and gave each of us a one word summary of what he sees that we do well. His word for me was “communication.” I don’t believe that he even knows that I am going to be the Communications Intern with the World Student Christian Federation. I think that his choice of words is just one more sign from God that I am choosing this path wisely.

I received a lot of money yesterday. Two of my regulars donated towards my trip as well as an old family friend. I am so thankful to them. I still find it amazing how people are willing and generous with their money. It is inspiring. I also received a lot of praise yesterday. It makes it much easier for me to go on my trip knowing that so many people here will be praying for me and thinking about me. I feel that I am beginning to see the why God wanted me to move to Austin. I am also beginning to see that I can learn to have faith that God is going to support me in Geneva. I am looking forward to moving back to Austin as well.

I leave tomorrow to go to my parents’ for a few days and then I leave the USA on Tuesday. This time next week I will be in Geneva.

2 comments:

  1. Lady! Reading your stuff makes me almost cry. but i'm at flips so i gotta keep it together. i'm gonna miss you a lot though. i'm glad God made our lives intertwine. One thing i've never told you but have always thought is that i really admire the way you fully put your faith out there. you inspire me to do the same instead of just claim my faith when it randomly comes up later down the road in conversation. i dunno why i do that. you're a special lady and we'll keep in touch for sure. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i called Adrianne "maryann" today at flips. that's the second time i've done that. See maryann ? even subconsciously, you rock :^)

    ReplyDelete