Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One Week

It's Official. I've been in Switzerland exactly one week. One Week! It has been an enormous week. Things I've done this week (not in order of importance)
  • Opened a Bank Account - I did that this morning, actually!

  • Learned to type on a Swiss keyboard (The Y and Z are reversed, and various punctuation is different)

  • Saw two possible housing situations, which I am not going to take

  • Got a video card - I can rent videos now!

  • Made Banana Bread

  • Went grocery shopping

  • Read some of the Book of Romans

  • Started working with the WSCF

  • Attended a meeting that United Nations European Headquarters

  • Got a mobile phone with a Swiss number (I will email that out if anyone is interested)

  • Got lost

  • Had fondue

  • Attended Emmanuel Episcopal Church for the first time

  • Made some new friends

  • Went to a meeting about the Millenium Development Goals

  • Went to a party

  • Ate a Kebab

  • Baked a chocolate cake

  • Continued Reading Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller

  • Put in my application for my "permis de rĂ©sidence"

  • Learned what WCC, YWCA, UNDP, LWF, and ACT mean.

My week has been very eventful. I am very excited about the WSCF, the work we do and the work that I will be doing to make that happen. I am still in the process of figuring out exactly what my job will look like. I am very hopeful, though. I am praying for guidance in my work and personally as I set up a life here in Geneva.


2 comments:

  1. after your year is done and you return to the US, be sure to keep that swiss bank account open. That way you can mysteriously mention your swiss bank account from time to time at social occasions, and people around you will pretend not to notice but will secretly harbor suspicions. that's always fun and can be a fertile source of shenanigans if you play your cards right. i wonder if you can tie your blog paypal 'donate' button to your swiss bank account ? that would be even MORE mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, I'm so jealous :) sounds like despite all the first-stage struggles, you're going to have a really good time!

    ReplyDelete