Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friday the 9th

Friday. Today is the beginning of the weekend for many people. For me, sadly, it is not. I work on many Saturdays, including tomorrow. This week I have been working full time at Flipnotic's as well as spending most of my "free" time working on this fundraising. I am tired. I am ready for my weekend. Luckily, I do have Sunday as my Sabbath. After I attended a conference in Houston for the Young Adult Leaders for the Diocese of Texas I have always made sure that I have at least one day a week off from work. Making sure that I have at least one day a week for rest is Biblical, but even more importantly than that it keeps me sane. If I tried to work this hard for more than six days I think I would literally go insane. I feel as if I am on the brink of insanity as it is. Although it might be insane to think that I can raise the money to go to Geneva and spend a year working there. It might be insane to think that I can just pick up and move across the country on a whim. It might be. However, I am willing to risk that type of insanity. On this Friday I am looking forward to what I have left in this month. Hopefully, if my visa comes, I will be leaving exactly one month from today. One month left to prepare myself mentally and physically and spiritually to be in Geneva working with the World Student Christian Federation. One month. That's it. Perhaps this is insanity. Insanity like this makes life fun. Aren't we supposed to have fun on the weekends?

2 comments:

  1. you'll do fine. keep on truckin'... just think of oranges, birds of paradise and a few little bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, i wonder why the timing on the blogger 'posts' seems to be off by 7 hours.

    ReplyDelete