Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring and my new job...

I had forgotten what working was like. I mean I'd been working in France for about a year only 12 hours a week, then I worked here - but never more than 30 hours a week, and then Geneva, but my work didn't really feel like work, and I didn't work quite 40 hours a week (a full time job in Geneva is 37 hours a week). Now I have a job where I am working 39 hours a week - plus the 1/2 hour drive to get there. So that means I have 9 hour work days, which start at 6 am. (and I'm still working almost 10 hours a week for the WCC doing this awesome project!) Needless to say, I am much more tired than before and I'm feeling the stress of having a job and working and all that stuff. Yet, it is hard to feel bad for very long when it is so beautiful outside!

Spring arrived officially last week and brought with it the last (I hope) cold snap. Now it is amazing here. Austin is such a great place for being outside! Last week I took one of my days off and went hiking with some friends and my dog. We went to a State Park and walked for about 4 hours. We only ran into one other person on the trail. It was beautiful! Today is just as beautiful as a day. It is days like today that make me grateful to be alive and happy that nature is so pretty. Flowers are so bright. I don't think I've ever seen anything as blue as the bluebonnets on the trail this morning or as yellow as the flowers that were blooming in the grass. It is amazingly verdant here.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment