Thursday, March 11, 2010

health reform in the US

This is a video the Rachel Maddow Show, which I love.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


I wanted to share this with you because I think it is so important that we really see the anti-reform movement as what it is, a profit-driven anti-american people movement. The people behind this are for Insurance companies and not for the American people. Companies are only driven by profit, if more profit is good business than they do not want regulations that require them to actually pay for medical care. This is so obvious to me, yet perhaps it is not obvious. Medical care should not be a for profit industry!

I say this as someone who does not have health care coverage. I do not have it because I cannot afford it right now and my job does not provide coverage. I would like to have coverage, but I do not. This means that I am not going to the doctor to get regular check ups, I am not going to the dentist, when I'm sick I'm not going to go to the doctor unless I'm on my death bed. I am constantly afraid that I might fall and break my leg, causing untold debt that I cannot afford. I am thinking about going back to school and if that happens, I couldn't afford it. (I probably can't afford it as it is, but education is for another day.)

Health care reform seems like a no brainer to me. Not only do we need reform, I believe that we need a public option in this reform. I do not want the Federal Government to require me to buy something from a for-profit company. If this reform passes, I don't think I'll buy insurance. I would opt into Medicare, if I could. However, that does not seem like it will be likely.

In another segment of this show, during an interview with Michael Moore, he says the Democrats need to do what they were sent to Washington to do and I could not agree more. They need to buck up and start legislating. Come on Democrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment