Monday, March 22, 2010

After all the craziness

I had two friends in town visiting for SXSW. It was an intense festival. We did not have any sort of tickets, but just decided to see as much free music as possible and get as many free drinks/food as possible. In addition to the free boat ride, we went to many other events! On Thursday we saw Cocoon, this really amazing French Band. We saw them at the "France Rocks Austin" party. This party started at 12 noon and included free cheese and crackers, champagne, and beer. Oh and free burritos. The three bands we saw were pretty good. Then on Friday we went to a house party where we saw Seryn. They were so great! We bought their album (it's a demo, but I'm still super excited about it!) They also had free beer and free vodka at this party.

I didn't do much else for the festival, because I was working on both Friday and Saturday.

On Sunday, my friend and I decided to go to the Alamo. The Alamo itself is pretty cool - although not as amazing as you think it would be. However, the worst part of the trip was our lunch. We went to the River Walk in San Antonio. This is basically a tourist trap for people in downtown San Antonio. After attempting to find an open restaurant that was not on the River Walk we settled for a decent looking place called Rio Rio. Mistake! The hostess was incompetent and so we ended up sitting outside in the shade, and it was just a few degrees too cold for this. Then our waiter was okay, but did not seem very interested in being our waiter. Finally, my food was not that great and my friends' food might be been spoiled! He said the consistency of the chile (in the chile rellenos) was like that of rotten spinach. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

My life is now back to normal. Only working and volunteering and hanging out with friends. I am so happy that my friends from college came to see me, though. It made me remember how much I really love them! I hope we don't wait another three years before we see each other.

1 comment:

  1. Next time you go to SA let me tell you where to eat! There's some amazing Tex-Mex there.

    ReplyDelete