Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter

It doesn't feel like Easter to me. Maybe that's because I haven't been very disciplined about my Lenten discipline. Maybe that's because I didn't go to Church on Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday or Good Friday. Maybe that's because I'm going to work this afternoon (with break for the Easter vigil). Maybe it's because I'm planning on spending my Easter Sunday working.

I don't feel like I'm ready to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus. Perhaps we're never ready, but God is always ready. As we say at Church, God is more willing to give than we are to receive. Easter Saturday. Holy Saturday. Today just feels like a normal Saturday. Perhaps after Church this evening Easter will be more real to me. Maybe I'll begin to think that I understand the mystery of Christ.

Christ has died.
Christ is risen.
Christ will come again.


No comments:

Post a Comment