Thursday, October 7, 2010

sunshine and thinking about money...

I worry and worry and worry and yet things always work themselves out. I really need to learn not to worry so much, but just trust that if I am doing what I need to be doing that things will come together. Clearly, this whole trip to Xela has been exactly where I need to be right now.

As many of you may know I came down here with very little money. In fact, if I spent very wisely I would probably still run out. It seemed like things were going to be very tight for me, until Sunday.

On Sunday I went to Church at the Episcopal Church here in Xela (yeah - who knew, right?) After, I went to lunch at Wendy's (yeah - who knew, right?) (also on a side note, I did not actually eat anything if that makes it better somehow). As I was talking to the others there they mentioned that they all took Spanish classes from a woman named Letty. She also offers private lessons, like the ones I am taking in school. I was given her number.

I thought about it. It makes so much sense. I will spend about half as much on my Spanish classes and accomadation, if I pay for it myself. So I spoke with my host mom - she said I could continue to stay there. I finally called Letty (I got up the courage because I had been warned that she didn't speak any English). We spoke for about three minutes and agreed to meet Saturday and that I will start full time classes on Monday!

I am so excited about this. Hopefully this will enable me to enjoy my time here more fully and maybe even travel.... More stories and pictures soon.

Also all this week the sun has been shining! It has been such a nice change from the rain of last week. It is cold, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment