Saturday, October 23, 2010

a lazy day and planning to go back!

I am really getting close to the time when I have to say Adios to this country... at least for a while.

I have made a good friend from the Church here. She and her fiance volunteer at a children's shelter and I might go with them this weekend. That would definitely be interesting....

I will post if I do.

I am also going to go to the beach on Saturday and go see some ruins on Sunday. So lots of things going one... but today has been lazy :)

I spent the morning watching a telenovela and then having a very long breakfast with the said friend from Church. It was so nice and relaxing. In the afternoon I made Pupusas with my host family and just hung out. (I actually know how to do this, so people can expect a Pupusa party in Austin and perhaps some at Thanksgiving or Christmas!) It is so nice to feel like I'm part of a family (even if I don't actually talk to them much). My family here is huge and I think they all live on the same street. I have my two 'parents' plus their youngest daughter. They also have two grown children who are married and have kids. But the sister of my 'mother' also lives near with her children, who are in their teens or twenties. A nephew or grandkid is always at the house. Plus last night a friend of the teenage daughter moved in because she is going to be taking summer school. So now there are two of us renting a room. I really love having family around... even if it's not 'my' family. I like just spending time with them and relaxing.

Tomorrow I'm going to a beach with black sand! exciting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment