Friday, December 19, 2008

Finally beginning to sink in....

After four days of non-stop thinking and planning and dreaming about what Geneva will be like; about how I will raise money; about what I will be doing; about how much I will miss my friends here in Austin; about where I am heading in life; now, finally, I am beginning to believe, to accept, that I will be moving to Geneva in February. I signed the contract today. That also helped me to see this job as a reality rather than a very exciting dream that I will wake up from one day soon. I also had my first contributor. A very good friend promised that he will send me some money to make this trip a reality. I am encouraged that my friends and family love me and believe in me enough to want to give me their money so that I can go and have this experience. I am asking people to make a commitment to me; a commitment to my future; a commitment to my life; a commitment to my happiness; a commitment to my spirit. I am thankful that my friends and family are willing to step up to the plate in this way. This day is almost done. I am thankful for what has been done today. I am thankful for the friends I have (re)connected with through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment