Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day Three

It has now been more than 48 hours since I officially accepted the position as Communications Intern. It has been an eventful 48 hours.

Yesterday morning I met with Fr. Jeff Walker from my Church here in Austin, St. James' Episcopal. The meeting with him was a very relaxing, informative time. Since I am also gainfully employed, I had to work that afternoon. Luckily, I got off a little early so I am now sending some more emails and I just sent a mass email that will ask if people want to receive letters of support. My Dad has been very helpful. He made me a few spreadsheets. (If you know my Dad you know that he enjoyed that immensely!)

Today has been a good day so far. I worked this morning. I enjoy working in the mornings more than any other time of day. Early in the morning, giving people their coffee, making their day a little better, knowing what each person drinks so that I can get to the important task of talking to them rather than at them, joking with coworkers, enjoying the room behind the counter and having mini-dance parties to Miles Davis. My morning.

A few minutes ago I sent out a mass email to everyone I thought might possibly theoretically maybe be interested in knowing what I am doing now. If you got this email, yay! If you did not, please let me know. I will post it here too - just to make sure everyone can read it.

I did yoga today. A wonderful friend of mine here came and had coffee with me after work and then we did yoga. I am going to try and stay sane while I am preparing to move abroad and raise more money than I have ever seen by doing yoga on a regular basis. (thank Liz for today and thanks Anna for inspiring my love of yoga)

Today has been good. I am finally beginning to believe that I will be moving to Geneva is February. It still seems like a dream to me sometimes. A very wonderful dream. I pray that I will keep on dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment