Sunday, January 10, 2010

Return to "Real" life

So I am back now from my sojourn about the meaning of life. I didn't find the meaning of life, but I am glad I went.

I had coffee today with a friend that I met when I lived here in Austin before. It was great to reconnect with her. We had coffee at a place that we had been to before, when I lived here before. Being there with her made me realize how everything is the same and everything has changed. We are both different people than we were ten months ago. We have different everyday struggles. We are busying our lives with different activities. Yet we are the same. We are the same people, the same spirit. Everything is the same and everything is different.

I suppose this is part of the effects of culture shock that I experience as I return this "my" culture that feels foreign.

No comments:

Post a Comment