Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's over

Yesterday was my last day of work. This experiment that I started a little more than a year ago is done. Yet, I am a completely different person. I had my "exit interview" with my supervisor yesterday. I left a pile of papers for the next intern. I finished It's strange to think that I will never be back there. I feel good about it. I feel like I have achieved something.

With prayer and hard work I made this year happen. It was not guaranteed in any way that I would or could stay for this long here in Switzerland doing this job. Yet, it worked out. God has been so good to me this year! I talk about my faith on this blog and God some - but I really think I have learned a lot about my faith and about God this year.

I was recently asked what I thought of my office. I am amazed that the six of us that work there, now five without me, are able to do all the things that we do. My supervisor and my boss work harder than anyone I know. These six people are making sure that the students around the world's voice are being heard on global summits. From Copenhagen to The commission on the Status of Women - we are making sure Christian Student Voices are heard. The thing is we are very clear in our office that we are not the students or the voices - but instead are helping them to be heard. I am amazed at the work we do. I'm very grateful that I was part of it for a year.
Although I know this was only the beginning and I will be part of WSCF for a long time.

I'm heading back to the States in just a few days. I can't quite believe it. The photos are from my weekend away in the alps.

No comments:

Post a Comment