Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chicago


I made it to Chicago. Chicago is a very special city. You may not know it, but I was born here in the Windy City. It is cold, though, now. Colder than Geneva. I almost feel misleading since this blog is at the address "Maryann in Geneva" and now that is no longer true. No longer will I be living in Geneva. Although my life is still an experiment - so perhaps that is okay. I am still trying to figure out how to live my life and be authentic.

Chicago is a great city - with lots of my family. Family is so important, although I often take them for granted. I just assume that they will always be there for me. Thank you family, for being here for me.

I am also reflecting on this year. It is the end of the calendar year and the end of a year long experiment for me. It is also a return. I'm returning to a city I know I love, to a church I love and a job I love. I've gone full circle in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment