Friday, November 13, 2009

Leaving

I sat down yesterday with my boss to plan for my final month of work. He counted. I have 18 working days left. 18 days. Then he told me about the myriad of events that I did not know I would be attending/organizing in these 18 days. Then we talked about the other work that we're doing. Then I reminded him I'm only working 50% for him. (I am working 50% on another project with the World Council of Churches about Eliminating Violence Against Women). I guess the good thing is that I feel like I know what I need to be doing. For my first few months (ie. six months) I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing most of the time. I ran from task to task with no overall vision for what my job was. Now, I know what I need to be doing - but it seems like more than I can possibly get done in 18 days. 18 days. (9 days if you really count me as half time!)

I am also leaving this afternoon to go to Cannes. I lived in Cannes, France (Le Cannet if you want to be technical) for one year. I am going back there to see my friends and celebrate a birthday. Of course my friends decided that they want to have the party at a Swiss Restaurant! Ah, the irony. I am leaving my friends here to go to my friends there. I am excited about that. I also just love that part of the world. It is beautiful, good weather, and beautiful. Switzerland is beautiful too - but it is beautiful in a different way.

I also feel like I'm getting a grip on my project with the WCC. Our website actually has some content on it! I can't give you the link yet - but once we have the test week up and running, hopefully by next week - I will give a link so that you can see what we're trying to do. It is so exciting! I hope that this will be a project that really helps women feel inspired and make a change in their lives. Lent, is after all, a season of reflection and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment