Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I know now what it is ..

I got back from my vacation yesterday and today I am here at work. I have so much work to do. There is a list that goes on for miles and miles that I call my "to do" list. I only have 17 days of work left. Will I get it all done? Probably not. Will I get the important things done. Yes. I will. How? I don't know. Only with the grace of God.

Yet, even with this list that is starting to creep out the door of my office and starting to knock on the door of my room, I am feeling bored at work. I am feeling lost. I sometimes don't know where to start. (I start with procrastination like writing a blog). I don't even know how to begin to make these tasks seem manageable. As another procrastination tool I began chatting with a brother of mine on Facebook. As I was telling him about my symptoms he gave me the diagnosis "Senioritis." I had forgotten what it felt like. I had forgotten that I've had this before. I am so excited about this next phase of my life that I am already beginning to detach from this phase. I am beginning to see my future as more real and more "important" than my present. It's a weird reality. I've experienced this before - but I had forgotten what it feels like. It feels overwhelming and unimportant. (Although I think the work I'm doing is very important - but somehow my house and my coffee shop in Texas seem more important right now.)

Senioritis. I can't believe it, but it's true. I know now what it is that is making me feel this way. I am about to "graduate" from WSCF! Scary and exciting. Just like real graduation. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Strangely, I know what you mean! But don't go all the way back to Texas, it's too far away!!

    ReplyDelete