Thursday, July 2, 2009

Geneva Today, Paris Tomorrow

I am leaving for Paris tomorrow. I will be going to the UNESCO Higher Education Conference. It should be a good experience for me. I have never been to a big UN event like this. My colleague and I are going together. We are going to spend 6 day there. I really like Paris, so I am quite excited about being there, although I am afraid that work will be very tiring. We will be working every day, all day and then I am sure that we will also be working in the evenings to prepare for the next day. I am bringing my computer with me, so hopefully, I will be able to post some updates from UNESCO.

My bosses are both back today, which means that our office is much more lively. Today was my direct supervisor's birthday. We had cake and "children's champagne". It was wonderful.

I also met with a member of Zimbabwe's civil society today. He is here for the CONGO Civil Society Development Forum going on right now. The Zimbabwe Advocacy Office is hosting him. Very interesting to hear him talk about the situation in Zimbabwe and how he is working on HIV/AIDS issues there. I feel very privileged to be a part of that conversation.

1 comment: