Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

I know I'm a few days late - but I still wanted to post about gratitude.

I am grateful for so many things in my life right now.

I am grateful for my job, although I often complain about it, I am actually very grateful that I have one. Having a job, even if it is a job that I do not like much, gives me the freedom to search for a 'dream' job. I have the ability to be choosy.

I am also grateful for my friends here in Austin. I have managed to find a group of friends that I enjoy being with and that enjoy and support me for who I am. They do not tell me that I don't know how to dance or that I need to do something to be 'cool' enough to be their friends. In high school and in college I often had friends that would joke with me by putting me down. At the time, I thought it was fine, but I took many of those things inside and now I am learning how to have friends that encourage me. I am so grateful for these friends.

I am also grateful for my house and my housemates. I live with two lovely women. They are just wonderful and supportive. The owner of the house is pretty awesome too. This is an amazing living situation.

I am grateful for family. My family loves me so much and I love them. I love the fact that we are all adults. We treat each other as adults that we respect. It is an amazing way to relate to parents. My brothers are great too - it is nice to have one brother in town. We are all going to be together for Christmas! This will be the first Christmas in more than five years that we've all been together. I am so excited about that!

When I started this post I told myself I was not going to make a list of all the things I am grateful for, but then it sort of came out like that. I am so grateful and all of these things are true. So please excuse the cheesiness of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment