Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Boredom

The boredom that comes with not feeling quite at home, but also feeling right at home has set in.

I am staying in tonight simply because I feel like it. I could go out and hang out with friends, but I am staying at home watching TV (on the Internet) simply because it feels good. I am being lazy, but I like it.

The only thing I did today was volunteer. I have missed 7 weeks of volunteering! It was just as if I'd never left. I remembered how to do everything and some of the women remember me. I am happy I am back volunteering. I am reminded of how much the women living on the streets need. We all need something, but these women have their needs bared before us, the service providers. It is refreshing to see people so honestly needy and honestly asking.

I was preparing the devotional last night and one of the ideas that has stuck with me is that if we start taking God for granted we stop experiencing God's love. God needs to be a surprise for us, someone (something) that we rely on but that we never, ever begin to take for granted. I know that I have been doing that very thing. As soon as we take God for granted we no longer think we need God's grace. (I also think there are serious issues with taking people for granted... but perhaps that is a topic for another day).

I am spending the night at home trying not to take God or God's grace for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment