Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday...

I am exactly half way through with my French Class. I have been taking this class for 1 1/2 weeks! It seems like so little time, but I have already developed a rhythm, decided what I like, what I don't like. I do not miss being at work. (although I have been to the building twice...) I do miss the people at work. I am learning a lot, but working in a second language is tiring. The work we are doing is difficult, but also just living in French is tiring. It takes so much more energy. Most of the time I do not have to think too much to phrase my sentences, however, sometimes I know I do things incorrectly. Then I have to rephrase my sentence. Or sometimes I cannot think of a word to explain an idea, so I have to use ten. I like it. I think my favorite part is the creative writing class. I am enjoying learning how to think creatively in my second language, learning the nuances that make the language a living language, learning the differences between synonyms. In my language class I learn these things and then in the creative writing class I am offered an opportunity to practice them. It is amazing. I am also learning about the others in my class. Creative writing is a time that reflects better people's true character.

This weekend I think I am going to take another road trip, although I have no idea where.

Here is another picture from my trip last weekend.

2 comments:

  1. thanks George! Did you see the rest of them on Facebook? I'll post the ones from this upcoming weekend too...

    ReplyDelete