Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunny California

I'm in Los Angeles. The city of angels. I lived here for five years before moving to Europe. I really do love this city. A lot of people complain or say that it's too big. I see the complaints, but being back here just reminds me of how much I loved living here.

Two of my friends were married yesterday. I am so happy for them. They seemed like the most beautiful, happy, in love couple yesterday. It was amazing seeing them and their family and their friends gathered together to celebrate their love for each other and for God. They are a couple that truly puts their faith first in their lives. I am so glad I was here to witness their union.

Being here in LA makes me realize how lucky I am. I have so much for which to be grateful and thankful. I have real friends who love me and care for me even if they don't live in Austin with me. I have reconnected with people and realized just how strong my bonds are here.

Los Angeles has so much to offer. I have eaten some amazing food in the past four days. Japanese food. Korean Food. Dim Sum. Diner Food. I have seen a play about South Los Angeles. I've walked downtown. I've taken a subway. (Yes, LA does have some public transit). I've driven on the 101, the 110, the 10, the 5 and the 2. I've seen the Los Angeles Lakers become the NBA champions for second straight year. I've watched Mexico beat France in the World Cup. Los Angeles is never boring.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. I understand why some people don't like LA...but I LOVE it. Whenever I go back to visit I plan my whole trip around the food :)

    ReplyDelete