Friday, February 24, 2012

On my way home tonight..

On my way home tonight I saw a homeless man. This is not an unusual occurrence for me. He was standing on the street corner with his sign. There is usually someone on that corner.

When I saw that man I realized that it is wrong that he is homeless. There is no other word for it. Wrong. The fact that we have a society where people are allowed to live in abject poverty and resort to begging on street corners is wrong. We live in the most powerful country in the world and yet we choose not to address this issue. Homelessness and poverty are not separate issues and neither are greed and wealth. It is because of the greed and wealth of a few that we have the homelessness and poverty of the many.

We need change. Our country cannot keep serving the god of greed.

I occupy because I know that the time for change has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment